INCLUDES AUTHOR'S ONLINE UPDATES!
Now in its Seventh Edition, The DOT Medical Examination: An Unofficial Guide to Commercial Drivers' Medical Certification, has been helping DOT Medical Examiners perform commercial driver exams for nearly 25 years. Completely revised and updated, this edition gives you all the information you need to conduct an efficient, accurate examination of a commercial driver.
Available as a package only (print and online). NOTE: The eBook version is online access only and NOT downloadable
This invaluable handbook continues to be offered as a bundled publication - in both print and electronic format, including updates to the electronic edition at least twice a year for the next three years. The Seventh Edition presents not only the "official" guidance, but also includes the "less official" information from the FMCSA's Medical Review Board and Medical Expert Panels.
The updated eBook version provides you with rapid access to the latest changes and updates to the regulations, FMCSA guidance, other information, and, of course, Dr. Hartenbaum's interpretation.
- Modification in the diabetes standard
- Modification in the NRCME website and program
- New (and removed) FAQs
- Updated information on Medical Review Board Meetings
- A discussion on cannabinoids and the CDME
- Examples of international guidelines are included for comparison
- More than 50 tables help guide your decision making
About the Author
- Commercial Driver Medical Qualification: Past, Present, and Future
- The Examination and the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners
- Regulations, Advisory Criteria, Interpretations, and Frequently Asked Questions
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Pulmonary Disorders
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Neurologic Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders-Diabetes Mellitus
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Renal Disease
- Substance Abuse and Medication Use
|Publication Date||June 2020|
|Format||Softcover print book with digital access to eBook