Fully revised and updated, the seventh edition of this title continues to be essential reading for students in health sciences including medicine, nursing, public and community health and other allied health sciences. Each chapter concludes with exercises and recommended reading and there are several self-assessments at intervals throughout the book. Answers to the exercises and assessments are available.
- Receiver-operator curve analysis to improve sensitivity/specificity
- Comparison-wise significance levels versus study-wise significance levels
- Confidence-interval and its relationship to statistical significance
- Meta-analysis with current methods for assessing heterogeneity and the potential for publication bias
- The use of propensity scoring to reduce bias in non-experimental studies
|Format||Softcover, 219 pages|