An essential companion for all civil and military aviation medicine practitioners, both when preparing for professional examinations and in daily practice. The fifth edition features new chapters on space physiology and medicine, passenger safety, rotary wing operation by land and sea, and UAVs. eBook included: text fully online and searchable via VitalSource eBook - instructions provided within the print book.
- Embraces all aspects of aviation medicine in a single volume, divided into three parts for ease of reference - Aviation Physiology & Aircrew Systems, Clinical Aviation Medicine and Operational Aviation Medicine
- Covers all forms of military and passenger carrying aircraft, including issues surrounding passenger safety and transport of the sick and injured
- Focuses on the principles underlying the standards in the field rather than just the standards themselves
- Addresses international issues, including worldwide regulation of medical standards, and travel and disease
- New chapter summaries enable rapid assimilation of key points while key references and suggestions for further reading encourage in-depth learning
|Hardcover, 914 pages